Terms & Conditions
Dissolve offers this web site, including all information, software, products and services available from this web site or offered as part of or in conjunction with this web site (the "Web site"), to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all of the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. Dissolve reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions immediately by posting the changed Terms and Conditions in this location.
Your continued use of the Web site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices, and any changes to the Terms and Conditions made by Dissolve.
The term ’dissolve.com’ or ’us’ or ’we’ refers to the owner of the web site. The term ’you’ refers to the user or viewer of our web site.
Use the web site at your own risk. This web site is provided to you "as is," without warranty of any kind either express or implied. Neither Dissolve nor its employees, agents, third-party information providers, merchants, licensors or the like warrant that the web site or its operation will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free. No agent or representative has the authority to create any warranty regarding the web site on behalf of Dissolve. Dissolve reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time any aspect or feature of the web site. Dissolve shall not be liable for any damages (direct, indirect or punitive) including damages for loss of user uploaded or user created content.
Registration and Protection of Account
We provide Users the ability to create an account on our system to access Dissolve, create their own private Team, join an existing Team, and share user generated content and personal information. In order to protect the security of our accounts and systems, you must abide by the following rules when registering for Dissolve:
- You shall not provide personal information that you know to be false or misleading;
- You shall not register an account or provide personal information for anyone other than yourself without permission;
- You shall not register an account if you are under the age of sixteen (16). If your state, province, or country of residence prohibits the collection of your information from an age that is older than thirteen (16), you represent that you are of legal age to register for our services in your jurisdiction;
- You shall take every precaution to protect your account password and prevent unauthorized access to your account;
- You shall not register an account if you have been banned or otherwise instructed not to use our services;
- You shall not transfer your account to another individual without our written permission. We generally will not provide permission, as it is more appropriate for all Users to register their own account; and
- You shall keep your contact information, including your e-mail address, up to date so that we may contact you if necessary to provide updates or information regarding the safety or security of your personal information.
Please note that Dissolve reserves the right to cancel any account registered on our system for any reason, without compensation or recourse to the affected party.
Conduct of Users
- Dissolve can submit content to be shared with other group members. Such content may contain audio, graphics, images, photographs, text, video, and other types of text/visual/audio content (the “Content”). By using Dissolve or contributing Content, you represent and warrant that you will not engage in any of the following activities:
- You shall not post or transmit any material that you do not have the right to post or transmit under any law, contractual duty or fiduciary relationship, or any material that infringes a third party’s trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, or privacy rights, or is pornographic or obscene content or hate speech;
- You shall not violate Dissolve’s intellectual property rights in Dissolve and its features, including but not limited to the software platform, source code, databases, copyrights, and trademarks;
- You shall not post any Content which is offensive or which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or which advocates physical harm of any kind to or against any group or individual, or which promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instruction or information about illegal activities;
- You shall not post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous Content (including personal information or personal information of others);
- You shall not upload files that may damage the operation of another person’s computer;
- You shall not provide or distribute in any manner the name, telephone numbers, email address, street address, URLs or other personally identifiable information of any party without their express written consent;
- You shall not transmit “junk mail”, “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing or instant messaging that would reasonably be considered “spamming”;
- You shall not access or attempt to access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of Dissolve, or its associated computer systems, or otherwise interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Dissolve;
- You shall not bully, intimidate, or harass any of the Users; and
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Agreement.
If you have engaged in or become aware any Users engaging in these prohibited activities and uses on Dissolve, you may use the contact form at https://dissolve.com/contact to submit the appropriate information to Dissolve. You understand that, notwithstanding our efforts and this agreement, you may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable Content when using Dissolve, and, accordingly, you use Dissolve at your own risk. There are commercially available services and software to limit access to material that you may find objectionable. Dissolve may, but shall have no obligation, to provide such services and software, or enable such services or software to work with Dissolve.
Dissolve’s Role in Moderation of Content
All Content posted by Users utilizing Dissolve remains the property of the respective owner. In accordance with Dissolve’s fundamental and guiding principle of protecting Users’ privacy and the privacy of Content, Dissolve does not independently review or filter Content before or after it is uploaded by users. Dissolve makes no representations regarding control or ownership over any Content. You acknowledge and agree that all Content, in whatever form and technical structure, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted or stored using Dissolve, is the sole responsibility of the person(s) originating such Content and introducing such Content into Dissolve.
In the event that Dissolve is made aware of Content that violates these terms and conditions, Dissolve reserves the right, but is not obligated, to modify, edit, alter or delete any Content deemed by Dissolve to be in violation of these terms and conditions and the conduct of users. Dissolve will also abide by any order made by a court of competent jurisdiction, which may result in Content being modified, edited, altered or deleted.
To report an intellectual property infringement by any Users, please contact us with a description of the offending Content.
Exclusion of Liability
The content of the pages of this web site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this web site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Dissolve provides no guarantee that Dissolve is fit for any purpose. Dissolve may change the products or services offered and may elect to cease providing the products or services offered by Dissolve at any time. Due to the nature of the Internet, Dissolve cannot make any guarantee of quality of service. Dissolve is provided by Dissolve ‘as is’ and ‘as available.’ No warranties are given or implied.
Dissolve shall not be liable for any costs, expenses, losses, or damages, either general, special, actual, consequential, or incidental, that you may suffer or that some other person may suffer and claim against you resulting from the following: use, misuse, or service outage; customer premise hardware; your actions or activities, whether legal or illegal; the actions or activities of any other Dissolve Users or customers, whether legal or illegal; or any other goods or services provided by Dissolve or any affiliated party. In no event shall Dissolve be liable to you under this agreement or in relation to any matters in any way connected with this agreement in an amount that exceeds the service fees you have paid in the preceding year, if any.
Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this web site meet your specific requirements.
This web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Unauthorized use of this web site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this web site may also include links to other web sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the web site(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked web site(s).
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Dissolve, its members, its directors, managers, officers, employees, shareholders, agents and the assigns of same, from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses on a solicitor and client basis), claims, damages and liabilities related to or associated with your use of Dissolve and any violation of the Terms of Dissolve by you.
Except for material in the public domain under United States copyright law, all material contained on the web site (including all software, HTML code, Java applets, Active X controls and other code) is protected by United States and foreign copyright laws. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these terms and conditions, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, rewrite, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any material contained on the Web site without the prior consent of the copyright owner.
None of the material contained on the Dissolve site may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo reproduction, recordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of Dissolve. Violation of this provision may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
Users acknowledge that they are complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations with regards to any content uploaded, shared and/or created on Dissolve. This includes the granting of licenses to all (including Dissolve) when sharing of content. The user represents and warrants they have the right to grant such licenses without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks, privacy and/or public rights, or any other inferred rights.
By using Dissolve services, the user absolves Dissolve and its subsidiaries and any Dissolve related parties from all third party claims and demands (including attorney fees) relating to uploaded content and user generated content.
“Dissolve” and all unique representations of the word “Dissolve” are trademarks of Dissolve Inc.
Dissolve, Dissolve Cloud, Dissolve Priority, Dissolve Auteur, Dissolve Filmmaker, Dissolve Elements, Liftoff, the Dissolve logo, and “Better footage, better stories” are trademarks of Dissolve
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Dissolve constitute a contract made under and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Province of Alberta, excluding any choice or conflict of law provision (whether of Alberta, Canada or any other jurisdiction) that would permit or cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. The parties hereto irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.